Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Cricut Craft Room

Do you have a Cricut?  Do you use your Cricut?

I was introduced to Cricut a few years back at a crop.  One of the ladies had a personal machine and it just captured my attention from the second I saw it being used.  I had to have one.  I begged my husband.  I bargained with my husband, and then for Christmas that year he bought me one.  Talk about excited.  I cut some letters and showed him how great it was. But the reality of it was I didn't know how to use it.  I didn't know what all it could do.

I proudly took my little bug with me to crops and pretended I new everything about it.  The reality was that I only used it for fonts.  I didn't have a clue how to make all those cute paperdolls or fun embelishments.  I avoided buying cartridges unless they had a font on them.  Then one day I took a leap of faith.  I decided to try one of those cute embelishments that I just knew I wouldn't be able to make.  Guess what?  I made it, and it was cute.  That was the beginning of a whole new world for me.

Then I got an expression!  Wahoo I was excited for a minute.  I didn't know how to use this machine.  It scared me.  I kept using my personal size machine and left my beautiful Expression just sitting there.  One day I said enough is enough.  I hit youtube and watched every video I could to figure out how to use it.  Then I found Cricut Craft Room and the angels sang.  There is nothing I can't do in my CCR.  I watched hours and hours of youtube videos, I took notes and I linked all of my cartridges.

I found out over time, I was not the only person scared of my perfect little machine.  Lots of my friends have them sitting in closets and on shelves collecting dust.  Why?  Because they don't know how to use them either.  So I have decided to help.  I created the Cricut Craft Room group in Facebook.  We answer questions from each other, we share ideas, we inspire each other!!!  I love seeing what others have designed and I love when that new person joins the group and quietly asks for help.  Thats what the group is for!!!!

So if you have not yet joined, join.  Is your Cricut one of those sitting in the closet or on a shelf collecting dust?  Go to facebook, join our group.  Then...go to the closet, pull your cricut out, give it a hug and promise to make something today, and tomorrow, and the day after that.  Learn one new thing everyday.  I give you my word you will love your Cricut as much as I love mine...soon!  Oh, and if you don't already have it?  The download for CCR is FREE!!!
Follow the link below (Thank you card), click on Learn, then software and then Cricut Craft Room to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment